Date: Sunday, February 24
Time: 3:15pm - 4:15pm
Pass Type: Catersource Conference & Tradeshow, Catersource Connect - Get your pass now!
Track: Sales & Marketing, Staff Development
Vault Recording: TBD
Audience Level: Intermediate
Join us for an impactful presentation and discussion about the refinement of your current sales methods. In four separate segments, Cory Gosik, Heidi Brice, Timothy Seeberg, and Steve Sanchez will discuss important topics regarding your sales strategies:
• How are you selling your product and yourself with branded sales tools and technology?
• Why are venue relationships so important?
• Tasting presentations, styles, and tricks to make them successful
• The dynamic between the sales and operations departments
Each segment is approximately 25 to 30 minutes, with speakers rotating into the room. Stay comfortable in your seat—at each new topic, you will get a new speaker! Read on for full descriptions:
1. Branded Sales Tools & Technology (Steve Sanchez): It’s hard to keep up with the Jones’, but with a technology driven marketing place, it’s necessary for caterers. Ditch those printed packets and learn how to ramp up your marketing and sales tools to land the clients of your dreams.
2. Fostering Venue Relationships (Cory Gosik): Venue referrals are an integral part of every off-premise caterer. Having the right relationships will boost your bookings and your bottom line. Cory will guide you through how to build a strong relationship with venue managers to ensure you are the go-to caterer. Cory will also guide you through additional strategies like company branding, food samples, gifts, event follow-ups and more.
3. Creative Booking Techniques (Timothy Seeberg): Step outside the traditional catering proposal and engage your clients with winning booking strategies for your current sales plan. Timothy will share techniques including hosted venue tastings, “save-the-date” method, and designing the coveted and innovative “Preview Party.”
4. Sales and Operations – Intertwined (Heidi Brice): A successful catering company requires sales and operations to work together. Many times, our roles overlap to achieve the same goals. Heidi will discuss solutions on handling challenges from customers’ events and how to resolve and appease an unpleasant client, while working with Operations on future resolutions. Heidi will also discuss other processes like menu development, logistics, and on-site event management.